Are you ready to Go Beyond?
We are currently recruiting for the position of: Communications Account Manager and Information Technology Generalist and Customer Support
Communications Account Manager
As a Communications Account Manager, you will be responsible for managing relationships and delivering communications campaigns for our agriculture sector clients.
You will be part of an accomplished communications team with a strong knowledge of the agri-food sector and a track record for creating impactful communications. Your role is a pivotal point between our clients and our internal team, so your ability to bring people together and manage multiple projects will be a key to success.
You will help us to deliver on our brand promise to “Go Beyond”. We strive to exceed our client’s expectations all along the way. Process and project management guides our work, but we’re also responsive and versatile. We’re committed to our clients’ success and to propelling the agriculture sector forward.
Status: Full Time
Location: Guelph, ON (with flexibility to work from home part of the time)
Reporting to: Client Director
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the lead point of contact for several communications clients to help to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Ensure successful delivery of communications campaigns and projects from start to finish including developing communication strategies, plans, setting deadlines and co-ordinating various tasks to be completed by internal staff or external services providers
- Managing project budgets including writing proposals, estimates, internal time and cost tracking and preparing client billing instructions
- Writing client status reports and briefing notes to keep everyone informed
- Develop new business by identifying and following up on opportunities with existing and prospective clients
- Staying current on issues and trends impacting the agriculture and food sector which will include participating in relevant industry virtual or in-person events (agriculture, food)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University or college degree in business, communications or marketing is required
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience with a communication agency or in a marketing role
- Work experience in the agri-food sector is a requirement
SKILLS, QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong organizational, project management skills including demonstrated time management skills
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Candidate must be professional and embrace the entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian agriculture sector
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
This position will require some travel to attend client meetings, conferences/tradeshows, education programs and other events.
Submit your application to: email@example.com
Information Technology Generalist and Customer Support
SYNTHESIS AGRI-FOOD NETWORK:
Synthesis Agri-Food Network is a specialized firm providing consulting and communications services to the agriculture, food, and rural sector.
- Consulting services include strategic planning, market assessments and stakeholder consultation.
- Communications services include complete campaign planning and execution, public relations, digital and multimedia tactics.
FARM HEALTH GUARDIAN:
Farm Health Guardian is a complete disease spread mitigation platform that uses technology to accurately track and record all movement in and out of production network properties in real time, controlling entry based on company protocols and, within minutes, sending disease alerts to those who are at risk.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Information Technology Generalist and Customer Support position will support on projects and as-needed tasks for internal members of the Synthesis and Farm Health Guardian team, and for our customer and clients in the food and agriculture sector.
Your responsibility will be to provide support the teams through two main functions:
Internal IT Systems
Provide support for internal team members to assist them with all technology-related issues and upgrades. Duties will include:
- Co-ordinating the deployment of new hardware or software
- Maintaining and updating all electronic information, applications, printer drivers, Windows operating system, etc.
- Monitoring backup, application, and network issues and being proactive in resolving the issues
- Maintaining good documentation on team hardware, applications, network and the overall system
- Setting up user accounts, desk phones, mobile phones and computers
- Providing technical support and training as required
User Support and Customer Service
Duties will include
- Working with clients to support the installation and set-up of software
- Updating content on primarily WordPress-based websites
- Monitoring and reporting on website and app analytics
- Setting-up and maintaining a help desk support ticket system to track client requests, bugs or changes that need to be resolved
- Ensuring website functionality, performing software updates, and ensuring domain registration and hosting are current
- Providing front-line technical support and troubleshooting for website and mobile app clients and users
- Assisting customers and users with set-up and issue troubleshooting on both iOS and Android operating systems
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
If you meet the requirements below, we’d love to chat with you about joining our team:
- Self-motivated and adaptable
- Demonstrated professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with clients, peers and management
- College diploma or university degree in technical support or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Ability to prioritize effectively and multitask proactively
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills
- Knowledge of web technology, including experience with cPanel, WHM, and WordPress
- Strong experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products
The perfect candidate would also meet the following criteria, but it’s not required:
- Experience using project management tools and online “help desk” ticketing systems.
- Experience in the following is considered an asset: AWS, GSuite Admin, Windows server, AutoHotKey, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Azure,
- Extremely familiar with GPS and location devices and hardware